This section describes how to verify that the RDP security profile that is applied to the RDP application allows file transfers. This is useful for troubleshooting when your users cannot transfer files.
- Complete the following steps before you begin.
- Verify that the RDP client is configured for drive redirection.
The following procedure shows you through the process of:
- Identifying the policy rule that is being applied to the user’s session.
- Using the rule to identify which RDP profile is being applied to the user’s session.
- Verifying that the File Transfer option has been enabled in this profile.
- Enabling file transfers in the RDP profile when the File Transfer option is disabled.
To check if the RDP profile that is being applied allows file transfers:
- Step 1: Identify the matching policy rule that is associated with the user
- Step 2: Identify the RDP profile is used in that rule
- Step 3: Verify that the RDP profile that is used in that rule has transfer files enabled
To identify the matching policy rule that is associated with the user:
In the Management Console, go to the Insights > Users screen and look for your session.
Now that you found the match rule that is associated with the user, use the rule to identify which RDP profile is being applied to the user’s session by checking which RDP profile is selected in that rule’s Profiles section.
To identity the RDP profile that is used in the rule:
- Go to the Policy > Rules screen.
- In the Filter field, search for the matched rule name, in this example, MyRule-Any, to see which RDP profile is attached to it.
Verify that the RDP profile that is used in that rule has transfer files enabled by selecting the edit icon associated with the rule.
Now that you have identified which RDP profile is applied to the user, verify that this profile has transfer files enabled.
To verify that the RDP profile associated with the user has file transfer permissions enabled:
- Go to the Policy > Security Profiles > RDP screen.
- Locate the associated RDP profile. In this example, we are verifying the RDP profile, titled, RDP - File Transfer Enabled, allows file transfers.
- Confirm that transfer file permissions have been enabled. If the file transfer is disabled, click the edit icon to view the RDP profile that is associated with the rule.
- Select the Allow file transfer option.
- Go to the top-right menu, click Apply Changes.
- Review your changes, then select Commit Changes.
- Ask your users to download the new native RDP launcher file or refresh their RDP Web session.
Updated 6 months ago