Connectors provide a secure and authenticated interface between a customer’s network and the Axis Application Security Cloud.
The best practice is to associate 2 or more connectors to an application.
Review the following before you add and deploy a connector:
- Connector Deployment Technical Prerequisites
- Connector Deployment Checklist
- Connector Zones
- Connector Best Practices
To add and deploy a connector:
Deploy the Connector to the Virtual Machine
- In the Management Console click Settings -> Connectors -> Add Connector.
Add the connector's name.
- In the Connector Zone field, select an existing zone by clicking the drop-down menu, or otherwise check the box to create a new zone. Click here to learn more about connector zones.
- Click Submit.
Copy the code snippet from the window.
- The code only appears once, after the window is closed it is no longer visible.
- The code is valid for 24 hours.
- If you wish to install a connector on another machine, please create a new connector.
The Connector needs network access to the internal applications that are published through Axis. In some cases you may have a firewall on the network between the Connector and the internal applications. If so, please make us aware so that we can adjust firewall rules. For example if you publish “app1.corp.company.com” through Axis, the Connector has to be able to get to that application server on the internal network.
The Connector needs to register itself with the Axis Cloud. This traffic is outbound and initiated from Connector to the Axis Cloud, so it does not require inbound connections from the Internet. The outbound connectivity is using both TCP and UDP over Port 443 to the Axis Cloud IP addresses.
- Console/SSH into the Connector server and paste the code snippet from the connector creation process. This will start downloading the software and register itself with the Axis cloud.
- Run your script in the terminal in the deployed Linux server. The script installs the connector and related dependencies, and may take a few minutes to complete the process.
- Once the server finishes running the script, you will see your connector in the Axis Management Console.
- The installation script is valid for 12 hours after being generated.
- The installation script code snippet will do the following:
- Check prerequisites: CPU count, root access, disk space, memory, bash.
- Install and configure dependencies (requires sudo): curl, docker, kubernetes, helm.
- Download connector image and configuration.
- Install the connector (requires sudo).
- Clean temp files.
- In the Management Console, go to Settings -> Connectors.
- Make sure the connector shows a green light and says “Online”. If it is not online, check connectivity issues, visit our troubleshooting page, or contact customer support at [email protected]
To commit your changes:
- Go to to the top-right menu.
- Click Apply Changes.
- Review your changes.
- Click Commit Changes.
Updated 9 months ago