Managing Your Own Domains
Many companies have more than one domain, for various reasons such as branding, marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) and legal.
Domains are configured when adding a new web application. Click here for more information about creating a web application. You can add your own custom domain for which you need to add a server certificate and public DNS record, or use a domain hosted by Axis Security, which does not require them.
Using Your Own Domain
Adding the Domain and Certificate in the Management Console
- In the Management Console, click Settings Settings-> Applications.
- Create a new application by clicking Add Application, or edit an existing one by clicking Edit icon next to the relevant application.
- Under Remote Address select Use a domain you own.
- Type the URL.
- Copy or take note of the CNAME. You will need it for the DNS records.
- Click Upload Pfx to upload a certificate. If prompted, enter the password for the file.
To commit your changes, navigate to the top-right menu, click Apply Changes, then select Commit Changes.
Creating a DNS Record
- Go to your DNS host.
- Create a new record using the domain you entered in the Axis Management Console.
- Add the CNAME as it appeared in the web application dialog (step 5).
Updated over 1 year ago