This article will guide you through the steps for integrating Okta as an Identity Provider using SAML
To integrate Okta as an IdP in Axis Security:
- Create an Okta integration in Axis Security.
- Configure the Axis Security application in Okta.
- Assign people or groups to Axis Security in Okta.
- Finalize the integration in Axis Security.
- In the Axis Management Console, go to Settings -> Identity Providers -> Add Identity Provider.
- Select Okta.
- Enter a Name for the IdP.
Copy the SP Application ID and paste it into a text editor. You will use it to configure the Axis Security application in Okta.
- In your Okta console, navigate to Applications → Applications
- Select the Axis Security application.
- Click Add.
Go to the Sign On tab.
Set User attribute:
- name: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/name
- value: user.displayName
Set Group attribute:
- name: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/claims/Group
- filter: Match Regex
- value: .*
- Paste the Application ID you copied in Step 1: Creating an Okta IdP integration in Axis Security.
- Click View Setup Instructions.
- Copy the Single Sign-On URL.
- Download the IdP signing certificate.
- In the Okta admin portal, click Assignments.
- Click the Assign drop-down menu and select Assign to people or Assign to groups
- Click Assign next to the people and groups you wish to assign to Axis.
Return to the Okta IdP integration form.
- Paste the Single sign-on URL obtained in View Setup Instructions in Step 2: Configuring the Axis Security application in Okta.
- Upload the IdP signing certificate obtained in View Setup Instructions in Step 2: Configuring the Axis Security application in Okta.
- Click Submit.
To commit your changes, navigate to the top-right menu, click Apply Changes, then select Commit Changes.
The Identity Providers table includes a certificate expiry indication:
From 30 days prior to certificate expiry and until expiration, indicators alert the administrator as to the number of days until expiry or following it.
This allows the administrator to proactively take action and upload new certificates before they expire and prevent possible service downtimes.
Updated about 1 year ago