This guide provides comprehensive instructions for configuring Postman to seamlessly work with the Admin API collection. Postman is an invaluable tool for API management, and this guide ensures that you can effectively utilize the Admin APIs within the Postman environment.
These straightforward steps will guide you through the process of effectively working with the Admin API collection in Postman:
If you don't already have Postman, you can download and install it from here.
In case that you have Postman installed, please ensure that it is upgraded to the latest version (10.15+).
In the Management Console, go to Settings > Admin API and click on Download Swagger. This way you obtain the AdminApiSwagger json file.
To import the Admin API collection, follow these steps:
- Navigate to My Workspace.
- In the workspace sidebar, click on Import.
- Drag and drop the AdminApiSwagger json file into the import window.
- Click on Import.
- In the workspace sidebar, now you should see the PublicAdminAPI collection.
To obtain the Admin API token, refer to the guide here.
- Click on the PublicAdminAPI collection in the sidebar and select the Authentication tab.
- Set the Type to "Bearer Token."
- Paste the Admin API token you obtained and click on Save.
Choose the specific API call you need from the available options.
In the Params tab, configure any necessary parameters required for your API call as needed.
For POST or PUT requests, navigate to the Body tab and specify the JSON request body as required.
Simplify the process by copying the JSON request body example from the relevant documentation guide and then customize it by replacing the values as needed.
Click on Send.
When receiving a response, you can find the following information:
- Status Code: Located in the header of the lower window.
- The Response Body (If exists): Accessible within the Body tab of the lower window.
Updated 29 days ago